Vacancies and Volunteers
Volunteering at kingsley.
Volunteering at Kingsley.
Kingsley Primary wants to support both our community and other college/ university students in their lifelong learning, and commitment to becoming part of the Teaching and Learning profession. Our ‘Kingsley Aspire’ project sits alongside this.
Having volunteers can bring a lot to the workplace, but it is also a significant workload and commitment for the staff who are supporting/ coaching and managing this. Therefore, we have to plan our placements carefully. They will usually be booked several months in advance so that all paperwork/ risk assessments/ safeguarding information can be completed prior to starting and so that workload can be managed
This means we offer planned opportunities for the following on a volunteer basis:
Aspiring Undergraduate Teachers
We work in partnership with Liverpool John Moores University (Via Matthew Arnold Teach First), and Liverpool Hope University to coach and mentor undergraduate students attached to these institutions. Placements are allocated via our staff student mentors who liaise with university staff.
Aspiring 6th Form or y 11 Students
Pupils in 6th form , or y11 may approach us:
- Via Kingsley Aspire programme
- Via an application letter
- For short term voluntary work experience placements.
If you are interested please email the school office and express your interest via a standard application letter. We get a lot of requests, so you will need to take this application seriously and convince us that you are really interested in a placement!
Aspiring Teaching Assistants/ NVQ students
This is the group from whom we have most requests for places . We can have several requests a week, although clearly we can not accommodate everyone. Whilst we want to support those entering the profession, we have to set limits and certain criteria before we accept anyone.
To volunteer in a teaching or learning capacity, ie in the classroom you must:
- Have GCSE English and Maths to at least grade 6 (and old C) or be currently studying with the expectation that you will achieve this in this year of study.
- Have excellent spoken and written English (90%+ of our pupils speak English as an additional language and all adults who work with them must be able to model high standards of spoken and written English at all times.)
- Be attached to a college so that a tutor is overseeing your assessment and placement.
- Provide 2 written references which meet our criteria .
We take safeguarding extremely seriously and all volunteers must have an acceptable up to date dbs and comply with all school policies and requirements of section 1 of keeping Children Safe In Education. No adult volunteer will be allowed to work in our school unless these requirements are met.
If you are interested email Kingsleyfirstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance.